Tips/tricks for routing stuff under bellywrap?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdnagel

Any tips/tricks for minimizing the cutting of bellywrap in order to feed stuff under it?

I'm going to run an electrical circuit for a (new) electric hot water heater and I want to keep patching of the bellywrap to a minimum (already have a ton of patching to do!). NOTE: I believe that this is a generic electrical question; in fact, it could just as easily be a question about fitting in new plumbing (something that I'd like to do [PEX], but is a lower priority).
Greg

The way I have run electrical is to drop through the belly in one place, run conduit to where you need to come up to the heater and cut a second small hole. then you can seal up the 2 holes.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mdnagel

I'm feeling a bit dense... Conduit is to be run above or underneath the bellywrap?

Also, and this borders on a specific electrical question/issue, conduit and wire have to be anchored at intervals. If installing above the bellywrap one would have to make cuts for installing the anchors.
Greg

I run it outside the wrap. that is why there would be two small holes rather than opening up the belly. You can anchor the conduit with straps to every other joist.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mdnagel

OK, thanks, Gregg! This will save me a bit of time (which I'm sorely short of these days).