Patching fiberboard ext??

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Wookie

Hello all I have a few small screw holes from the satalite mount that was on the eve of my house. How would you patch the small holes? The house has what I would call a "Fiberboard"?? it looks like wood but if you drill into it it looks like its made with a fiber composit type material.

Is it ok to just use wood puddy and sand? or what will hold up is my question I guess???????

Thanks in advance!!!!!! :D
flcruising

If it is fiber cement board (commonly know as Hardieplank) then all I did was fill the holes with my favorite caulk - White Lightening. Depending on the size of the holes it may take 2 applications because it will shrink as it dries.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Wookie

I dont think its cement board but kinda the same i would guess it has the texture of wood but a fabric like "fibers" kinda pressed like OSB. I was thinking caulk but did not know if puddy would be better?
Greg

I would go with a good Silicone caulk also, If you can find a color that is close. Or a paintable caulk if you have to go that route.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Wookie

Greg wrote:I would go with a good Silicone caulk also, If you can find a color that is close. Or a paintable caulk if you have to go that route.

Greg
Sounds like thats what I will do. It is on the eve anyway so i doubt anyone will see it once I paint the house. but thats next years job the 3500 I spent on the roof has put a cramp on the money for projects this year :(