The Particle Board is Gone!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kailor

The last piece of 3/4" tongue & groove plywood went in this afternoon. I have finally finished replacing every inch of particle board flooring in one of my trailers. I've had a little help about every other weekend. I still have quite a bit more to do to get the trailer ready to rent. If you are considering performing this procedure yourself, I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. I have found the easiest method to accomplish the removal of the particle board. Here is a link to MANY pictures:

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 1QQtppZZ16

Keith
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Greg

It's a lot of work but well worth it. You will sleep better knowing that the floor won't fall in if it gets wet.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Denise

WOW, what a lot of very hard work and knowing what you're doing! I think you're part polar bear too!. This is going to be rental property?? How long was it vacant that it got like that? We're starting to get some nice days now, it should make the job a little easier before the humidity gets here. Very, very nice job.
kailor

Thanks Greg! I slept great last night.
Thanks Denise! Yes, it is rental property. The particle board had been patched MANY times, over time. It had been empty for 3-4 months. I advertised it as u-haul it off for $3500, but did not get any bites. I decided that potential income was sitting there, not working for me the way it should be. I priced new (used) vs. fixing up. Fixing up came out slightly ahead.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
DCDiva

Great job on the floors! from the photos it is hard to see did you insualte the floors while they were up? We ran all of our plumbing inside the mh,made it easy to see/get to a repair and no frozen pipes--even when the heat was out when dd was gone for Christmas break--it was 10 or lower outside and inside it was 55 with no heat on--no electric for many days---Did u check your ductwork while it was open--we removed ours --no furnace lol-- but ours was in really bad shape
kailor

Thanks DCDiva! The next step is to button up the outside panels and then COMPLETELY cut out and remove all insulation and belly wrap for a complete re-insulate. It's just too far gone to repair, plus critter dung and chunks of old particle board flooring. Then I'll run the PEX and reinsulate between the floor joists and build a 2" x 4" insulated skirting frame before putting up the skirting. I'll keep posting pics every so often.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's