Removal of Belly Wrap, Old Insulation and Particle Board

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kailor

Can anyone shed light on the process of removing old belly wrap and old insulation and replacing with new materials? I thought about installing complete new belly wrap and having insulation blown in to fill the belly. Has anyone ever tried this approach?
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Greg

Blown in insulation SOUNDS like a great idea, until you stop and think about 1 thing. If you have to do any plumbing or heat duct repair you will have a major mess on your hands.

Belly wrap, If you are trying to save it cut it carefully so it can be put back together. If you are replacing it, just have at it!!

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

I agree, MUCH easier to remove a roll or two of insulation to fix a water leak/service something or find a dead animal.

I recently saw on a home improvement TV show a new type of insulation made from old blue jeans and defective blue jeans material. Its treated with a boric acid solution to repel water(no mold!!) and animals. Plus you can install it glove-free!!! Anyone used it or priced it anywhere???
Tip your bartender.....
kailor

The insulation underneath the trailer right now seems to be "bagged" in some places and loose in others. Which replacement insulation is reccommended?
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
bobfather99

Well the "bagged" insulation is a little easier on the skin and eyes when you install it. Unfaced or "not bagged" insulation might be a little cheaper, but you need to protect yourself when installing.
Tip your bartender.....