Particle Board Removal; Post # 2 with More Pictures

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kailor

Here are some more pics of this major effort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
kailor

3 more pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
kailor

more pics...
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Brenda (OH)

in the first photo, the day light coming from outside and underneath the home shows the next repair..... the underbelly at the edge of the mobile home under the floor.... it never ends, does it ? lol

Brenda (OH)
JD
Site Admin

A lot of work, huh? You will enjoy your home more knowing all the good work that you did, One question. What is that row of studs without a bottom plate?
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kailor

Brenda: Yes, the installation will be for later in the spring. I thought about completely removing the old stuff and going with all new material. Any suggestions regarding a complete re-do of insulation and belly wrap is appreciated.

JD: The removal of the sill plate (bottom plate) expedited the removal of particle board from underneath sill plate and has made it incredibly easy to slide a whole sheet of plywood into place. I'm getting rid of ALL particle board (even under the sill plates). If I leave any now, I'm simply inviting myself back at a later time to do more work. After I finish the plywood on this first half of the trailer, I'll replace the sill plates where needed. I'll repeat the process for the remaining half of the trailer.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
joedirt63

wow just gave me a flash back of my kids project , starting to get that twichy eye again. :shock: heh don't you just love how they put a divideing wall in between 2 floor joists rather than over it. :shock: with all that open i would put stringers between the joists to keep them in place a bit,provide more solid base. good luck
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Brenda (OH)

I really like how you framed in the heating duct area, I have found that area weak in a lot of homes floors from years of walking on the unsupported area around the duct.

Brenda
kailor

Thanks for all of the positive feedback! It really helps to keep me motivated. My goal is very aggressive, as I hope to have rental money in my hands on or before April 1. The trailer is 66' long and I've completed 22' of floor replacement. Two-thirds to go! This weekend, the next 22' should go quickly as it's the wide open living room. I'll post more pictures on Sunday night or Monday night.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's