ceiling paint

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mr bozo

I'm painting some water spots on the ceiling of a 25 year old mobile home built by Kauffman and Broad. I've primed the spots with a couple of coats and would like to match a final coat to the color of the ceiling panels. The white primer stands out more than I would like but I don't want to have to take a ceiling panel down to the paint store to make a match. I'm wondering if anyone has found a paint color that's a good match for this type of ceiling. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.
Greg

Hi & welcome. Plan on painting the entire ceiling. After 25 years you are going to have sun fade, dust & dirt. You will spend more time & money trying to match the shade that is there then you will painting the entire ceiling.

Use a quality ceiling paint with a stain blocker such as Kilz. If it is a popcorn ceiling plan on using a brush & dabbing the paint on, if you try to roll it the paint will soften the popcorn and it rolls off with the next pass. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
kailor

Paint Kilz (latex) on the entire ceiling for best result. If ceiling is laden with nicotine, use Kilz oil-based...(very hard to clean up after using).
Thanks!
Two 14x66's