New Outside of MH

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DCDiva

We took the 1973 MH--we bought it with another MH and a 3 bedroom house on one property--the MH were grandfathered in for zoning--we could not replace due to single wide MH are outlawed by zoning so we fix them up--the one in photo is for our dd,going to college to b Dr--as of today lol,ya never know as she was going to be a PA....---- she does not like dorms and actually everything,plus buying the property cost less than 4 years in dorm--she will b there 5 to 7 years--so worth it and other MH and House are rentals---ok---we replaced all the doors and windows with standard in store, we took off the metal siding--full of wholes and home to many bees,it was summer and as it was replaced with Smart siding the temputure differance was amazing--20-30 degrees as soon as it was replaced---we kept the old roof and replaced it with a shed type roof over it--dd gets lots of snow 2 + ft since Nov 2010,snow just falls right off of it--We took the under pining and framed it and put insulation between and 6 mil plastic over it the put the smart siding on top---Deck we used the old one--ran out of money and warm weather--this spring she will have a new 16 x 16 deck and landscaping----our dd electric bill is$ 50 a month w electric everything and the avg temp is 25 or less
Melissa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kailor

I like it! Hard work pays off. Any more tips or tricks you can share?
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
DCDiva

Thanks we still have somethings to do but we ran out of time and money lol and winter hit fast this year--we have lots of landscaping to do, we are doing some detail trims --mainly in the front like over the French Doors I want to so a nice trim out above the door and windows to make them more wow and window boxes, and the blank area front the back to the first window needs something... my daughters dog is a timber wolf and I thought about a lg cut out of a wolf back lighted would be different in that space, my hubby said a fake window we are still thinking in that area lol the roof was not to be so tall--I went to the store and he had it started--yea we had the it's too tall..it's fine I', not changing it talk lol our neighbors had to u tube us during the summer we were a circus act and we do not talk softly lol I do not know about tips as we winged it --we just treated it like a house--add all the insulation you can--and we have lots of experiance in DIY and work great together and my 13 year old can build ya a house by his self lol Look at all my other post I think u can click on my DCDiva and see them I have all the other houses we did in different albums and different stages of this MH remodel and I try to jump in when I see a post that I can help with and if U ever have a ? I am always happy to ad my 2 cents lol I always thing outside the box and fix problems--I have had to think on my feet many times and saved us many times