New Living Room

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DCDiva

We took the 2 bedroom 1973 Mh and made it into a one bedroom = a larger living room area and open kitchen, we replace all the floors,windows,replaced a window and door with French Doors,insulation,drywall---Our dd is in college--much cheeper than a dorm--and we can add another bedroom and another LR in future by enclosing the deck area--do not know yet dd has 5-7 yr of college--Dr--if she wants to stay here to work we will--if not will b a rental
Enjoy,Melissa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kailor

Again...very nice!
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Arlo

Your family did an awesome amount of work. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures. It looks more like a cottage on the exterior than a mobile home. Your daughter sure has a sweet place.
TeresaLynn73

That is just beautiful workmanship. Gives me hope and some energy to work on more things around my own mobile home. Thank you for sharing, I love looking at before/after or remodel shots. Just gorgeous! -Teresa
We once had a great maintenance man, but then the rope broke and he got away.
CDG

Good job.......
DCDiva

Thank you all --when we first bought it --it did not look really bad, we thought repair the roof and some of the floor--but then we looked at the electric and knew we would need to remove the paneling to do this, then once we started opening the floor--well all of it had to go--the sad part we run in to all the time --we buy houses cheap 13000-35000--99% of homes are built to last--especially the @ 100 yr old ones--but when the owners do not keep up with the maintenance on a home and up date as needed this is when all the distruction takes place--like when you need to repair the roof leak and you let it go for years--a $100 simple fix ends up 10,000--I get so mad when we look at a place and the realtor/seller says we are the first to show interest,due to the work involved,people looking at homes want them move in perfect and pay a big price when they can buy a fixer upper yes spend a few thousand to fix but have a great home-- ok off my soap box--lol This was our first major remodel of a mh we had one when we first got married 20+ yrs and replaced the bath floor/tub/HW tank,it leaked and caused it all--dh fell through it and we lived like this for a few months until we saved the $ to fix it lol--This mh took more money than I had figured so I have to save for the other one--we actually started on the other one first--so it is a small % done lol--we wanted to make sure we got our daughters mh done--we just finished before college started---so far everything has been great --she can heat the whole mh with a small heater--she has not turned on the main heat yet and the avg temp is 12 or lower and her electric bill in winter is 50-75 and lower in summer ---so for the other mh we know the game plan just need to win the lottery lol