New MH Kitchen Photos

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DCDiva

Hello ALL ! I'm back lol well we are almost completely done with my dd's 1973 MH--if everyone remembers we completely gutted it-- if you look on my profile DCDiva you can see much of the progress in albums--ok My dd fell in love with a stain so we did her kitchen cabinets---Lowes oak in stock--cabinets and countertop @500 or less---we built the corner pantry cabinet @ $30---we still have to install the microwave over the stove and the cabinets above it and frig and finsh the trim--working on before after photos today
Enjoy, Melissa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kailor

That is beautiful! That's exactly what I want to do with my rentals, but I can't. People just tear things up. If I ever retire to where I live in a MH, I'll do one from the ground up. Very nice job DCDiva!
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
DCDiva

Thanks we enjoy working together, a new kitchen does not have to be expensive and the stock cabinets at most of the box stores will last a long time and the counter top too--I have many rentals and I find that if you have a nice place interview them and make inspection visits every few months--this way you can see that the up keep of the home is good and any repairs can be scheduled--like the little things that they forget to tell u--and if they know you do inspections--at least it will b clean every few months lol and you can term the lease or just do month to month to get anyone that is not taking care of your property--were I live there is a shortage of rentals and very rare nice rentals--and yes gutting an old mh is the way to go it is basically a shell and the inside can be refigured how ever works for you--many ppl have turned mh into beauty shops and other businesses, we made the 2 bedroom into a 1 bedroom--if we need a 2nd bedroom we can take out a window,make it a door to bedroom and have a new bedroom by adding a few sheet of metal to the roof and build in the room by the deck.
Michael_B

Hello DCDiva,
Great work!! My wife and I really enjoyed looking at all the photos and seeing the transformation that took place. My question is about the 1x4 strips that are on the ceiling and walls.
1. How are they attached? nailed, screwed or glued?
2. What stain was used?

Again, Great work,
Mike
DCDiva

Thanks
1) We screw them so if we need in an area in the future we can--we have rental homes and we do this anytime we replace ceilings or walls--we do not finish the seams so we can unscrew the trim and the drywall and replace or get into the wall to fix--- in the mh we did not do drywall on the ceilings--we used masonite boards, cheap $5 for 4 x 8 sheet, light weight--roof is made with 2 x2 so weight was an issue--the other owners had used drywall and the ceiling was dropping a lot so we knew drywall was out, the roof actually raised in front of our eyes after we took drywall down--we painted white. Look in old post I sent an album about the ceiling.
2) my daughter found the stain--she looked forever and fell in love with it--we had to order it as it is not stock---Minwax--Sedona Red 222 and Polyurethane, Gloss --we made the corner cabinet for the kitchen--I think it was $42 a gallon