Washing maching shaking house

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

GraceNC

I replaced the washer and dryer with a stacked washer/dryer laundry center. Now I'm almost regretting it.

The vibration of the washer is causing vibrations. And you know what that means.

I tried the pads...the 4 square ones. Couldn't even use them. The laundry center is in a closet. There is NO ROOM on either side to stand and put the pads under the feet. The laundry center MUST be slid in.....and by sliding- we slide the washer off the pads because the pads don't slide with that much weight on them.

What are my options? Is there a "mat" that is good to absorb vibration? And I can already see an issue...the weight of the laundry center will gouge out the top of the mat- if it's made of soft material. A fix would be to place a thin piece of luan or 1/4" plywood- the size of the mat. Maybe even going to 1/2" if necessary.
Anyone?
Greg

You could try a plywood/foam sandwich also you could try adding pier directly under the washer. Make sure the machines are level, that will cause vibration. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

I had a problem with shaking with my standard units. I added one pier under the laundry room (and when I looked at how the installers had done my other piers, also I added a pier in between each of the ones they did.) The place doesn't shake any more. That was 23 years ago.
Brenda (OH)

Can you put the plastic furniture slider pads under the anti vibration pads? the unit should then be able to be slid into place... .

Brenda (OH)
Greg

Slider pads? try it, it doesn't work, don't try it again. The worst that can happen is the washer slides it's self around. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
GraceNC

A pier- why didn't I think of that? :)

Thanks again for your words of wisdom.
Lookingforwork09

It is possible that it will always shake, but make sure it is level. I have seen people take back a branch new washer and dryer because they thought it shook. The real problem was that it wasn't level. It might be an easy fix to your problem. Good luck!