Still looking for relevel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AbbottsManor

Hello all,
I am still looking for someone who knows what they are doing to relevel my 1990 single wide in South Central Pa. I thought I found someone, but he stopped by when I wasn't home and told the park manager "it doesn't look to bad out of level to me" Well, a blind man can see it is out of level 3 different ways! I am afraid to ask if he levels things by sight or what. He only wanted $300.00 to do it. The other possiblilty is a regional mobile home repair company I've dealt with before and would rather do it my self than let them "try". Besides, $1000.00 is the starting price for eveything they do. Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to get this done before Fall.

Thanks,

Chris
Brenda (OH)

Chris,

maybe check with local mobile home dealers, see if they have a couple of people they use....?

Brenda
Greg

The process is covered in Mark's book, It is not a hard job at all. It requires a water level, Hyd. jack and a little time. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
AbbottsManor

Brenda (OH) wrote:Chris,

maybe check with local mobile home dealers, see if they have a couple of people they use....?

Brenda
That would be the aforementioned "doesn't look to bad to me" guy... He sets all the homes for the local dealer. The home he set up across the street 2 weeks ago looks out of level to me already and no, I'm not paranoid!

Chris
AbbottsManor

Greg wrote:The process is covered in Mark's book, It is not a hard job at all. It requires a water level, Hyd. jack and a little time. Greg
I have the book. I am concerned about the special situations of broken ribbons and the fact the home is 20 years old on clay soil. Frost heaves like roller coaster in the winter!
It is realy out of level in the rear in both directions.

Chris