Ventline Exhaust Fan

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Herm

I would like to replace my V2270 Ventline Exhaust fan with one that has a light. Are there any replacements out there that would fit into the existing housing?
Brenda (OH)

the biggest thing is to open the vent up and see if it vents straight up, or to the side...

if it vents to the side, the box stores or electrical supply houses may be the best bet for a reasonably priced replacement. vented straight up, probably need a speciality mobile home vent fan... at least that is how it plays out here in Ohio for me......

if the unit works, do you know someone that can just run a wire (safely lol) off of the fan to install a separate ceiling light? Might be the cheaper answer even if you have to cook a steak for the friend with the electrical skills, vs trying to find a mobile home designed vent out the top lighted vent....

Brenda (OH)
JD
Site Admin

Mark sells a lighted Ventline fan here at Books & Parts link above. Here is a direct link. http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order9- ... ml#catalog

I don't know if you can use the existing fan's housing, but the new fan would use the same 7" hole and wiring.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Herm

JD,
I sent Mark an email asking if there was a direct replacement for the V2270 with one that is lighted as well. I have not had a response. Do you have a means for direct contact with him? If so could you have him reply to this forum or the email address that I provided? Thanks!!
bobfather99

From what Ive heard, Mark is a stand up guy. He should be getting back to you shortly.

I did notice that the V2280 in the catalog link above says its a replacement for the non-lighted V2270 fan by enlarging the hole. That may be your ticket.
Tip your bartender.....
Greg

You can also call the store direct, see the home page. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."