MH remodel photos part 5

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DCDiva

We finally can work again. We did all the electric,plumbing,replaced all the windows and doors,built the walls for bedroom/bath/laundry, insulated walls and drywall--we have a few sheets to do in bedroom but we did all the drywall you see in 1 day--my son 13 was the dry wall cutter--he is in one of the photos--he is so accurate in his cuts,rarely do you have to trim them--we have a a month long vacation--lol yea right---to work on this project so you should be some dramatic changes soon :)
Melissa sorry it is in an album--tried to send it to my email w photos--this worked then copy/paste--did not work,I will get it to post here one day lol
If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... leid=en_US

My Photos | Share | Upload | Buy Prints | Shop

melissa has shared photos with you.
You're invited to view my online photos at the Gallery. Enjoy!

- melissa
View photos

Order Prints

Reminder: � You can save these photos after viewing them by creating a free Kodak Gallery account.

Mh As of June 7 2010 (1 album)
DCDiva

Here you can see the album without signing in--I forgot to uncheck it
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sha ... s-_-Sharer

melissa has shared photos with you.

- melissa
psalmx

I noticed you hung drywall on the walls before the ceiling. Around here we hang the ceiling first, that way the edges against the walls are suppurted by the wall drywall.
DCDiva

Not using drywall on ceilings--cause problems in our other mh--same type/yr--the way we finish the walls/ceilings the end product you will see we know what were doing
Brenda (OH)

Hi,

I have a ceiling repair coming up in a laundry room, could you outline quickly how you do a whole ceiling? it surely does show that you and yours know some great ways to do mobile home upgrades...

Brenda (OH)
DCDiva

it is easier to take photos to explain--this is what we are doing next week--but I do not have internet there--we are using masonite--is @ $ 6 for 4x8 sheet, it is like 1/4 thick and very light weight we will prime/paint it,screw it up and cover seams w trim--usually 1 x4 this way we can access it--our wires run in the ceiling and easy to repair if needed---will post a photo of other houses we did this way
here http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sha ... s-_-Sharer
Melissa
psalmx

Very interesting. Looks like the stuff we call frp panels aroudn here they are about 11 bucks though. $22 a sheet for the type that have a texture.