infestation of asian lady bugs - help!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rancocasrich

We have our MH in a rural spot and use it as a vacation get-away destination. We do not use it from November to April. We have a serious problem with the asian lady bugs. When we arrived this week, there were hundreds of the bugs in almost every room. We have it somewhat under control now using a vacuum cleaner to suck them up. Is there anything we should be doing to get rid of the bugs and/or to prevent them from returning. All suggestions are appreciated,
joedirt63

moth balls works for me, i gring them up and throw them under the house and around the house,of course packs in the housetoo, remember grand ma knows best, the other guys may have more ideas but short of shrink wrapping the house this works for me, :D
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
joedirt63

yeah it's me just a thought , if bugs want to get in they will,but don't make it easy for them , check every where for holes and cracks, windows doors not sealed right, holes in the floor ,the under belly ,the ac/heating duct, even the exhaust vent in the bath if you have one,, i used to have a summer home in seaside,nj open it in april and close in nov, and bugs here in p.a. is an ongoing prob, we live by the river in the woods at the base of a mountain.still i like it here, my wife is big on all natural stuff, well both balls isn't all natural , but theres stuff out there that is and works some kind of plants, come on guys help me think . :lol:
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
bguy49

I had the same problem last winter! This fall I had a Pro come out and spray all around and under the MH.......this winter/spring I had maybe a handful at best. It cost me about $100 bill.

Dave