need the technical term, is it vent stack?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Brenda (OH)

Hi,

I am trying to help a lady at the park problem-solve, she gets bad odors in her home when she uses the washer, and once sludge came up the tub... The park guys say they think her drain line is ok.....

I told her I thought it might be the vent stack? is that the term for the pipe that goes up to the roof? Would she get odors if the drain line was slowing down or plugged? if not vent stack, what is the term I am looking for so I can check the archives......

I have not had a vent stack issue yet (counting my blessings lol) so I do not have first hand knowledge of the odor issue sympthom.

it is getting pretty funny that the phone conversation went as follows, "is the 3 bedroom you are working on for sale? great, I'll tell my sister...now I wondered if you might know what would cause bad odors in my mobile home.... I see you fixing the homes...."

I shared with the lady that I read a mobile home repair website every day so I can be learning. Guess that makes JD, Greg, Mark, Yanita my continuing education professors!

thanks

Brenda (OH)
Greg

I think that may one of those regional things, I have heard them called vent stacks, roof vents, roof stacks, vent pipes and I'm sure there are other names for it as well. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I think vent stack is the proper term. I call them plumbing vents. There will be a quiz.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Robert

Vent Stack if it's working. Stink Stack if it's not.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

LOL, my Hubby (who is a plumber) calls them vent stacks as well.
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!