Instant Hot water?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dd716ted

In our manufactured home, the hot water heater is at one end of the house and the master bath is at the other... It takes forever for hot water to get to the master bath (wastes water while waiting).. Has anyone eve installed one of these hot water recirc systems like the one in the attached picture? Do they work good? Appears easy to install... Comments...
80.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I know it has been talked about, but I don't remember if anyone has actually installed one. You can try doing a search of the forum and see if the information you want is here. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
flcruising

We have had those installed in projects we've done, and the feedback is always positive. They can effectively increase the hot water capacity of a system because of the pipe volume too. One problem with retrofit though, is the heat loss from un-insulated pipes. Also most efficient installation will have a dedicated return line that the pump sits on with a check-valve on the cold supply of the water heater. This keeps the hot water isolated from the cold side of your faucets.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]