Encapsulating the crawl space

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

daddyhominum

I'm thinkig about encapsulating the crawl space under my manufactured home. I hope to gain some heat advantage, reduction of animal and insect ingress, dehumidification of the space .
I took information from crawlspace.net and other online searches
I would like to hear opinions and experiences of others pro or con.

Dennis
JD
Site Admin

I would still go with HUD recommendations and code and use 6 mil plastic on the ground and skirting vented as per code requirement. I know people in cold zones deal with skirting vents differently than home owners in my area, so I don't know how they would view those products. But I can see using these products could cost 4-5 times as much as 6 mil plastic with the plastic, vent covers and access doors.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

See the articles section of the site. "A better skirting idea". When Mark replaced his skirting with steel he he also insulated it. He claims it has never frozen under his home in South Dakota. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."