turning a garden tub in to one with jets

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

middysmom

can you turn a garden tub into one with jets if someone could help thanks dorothy
JD
Site Admin

I guess no one has an answer for this one, Dorothy. Let's move this to the repair forum and see if we get any bites.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

I asked my Hubby about this an he personally is unaware of any kits that would convert this tub. You would not only need to cut the tub for jets, but you would also need a place for the motor and tubing that the water runs through. Also jacuzzi's need to be on there own dedicated circuit. Now just because I posted this does not mean that there is not such a kit. LOL, generally if I miss speak someone is more than willing to find a link or supply the info...let's hope it works this time!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

I don't know Yanita, I couldn't imagine you being wrong.

http://www.whirlbathe.com/

http://www.bathroomanswers.com/bathtubs ... l-tub.html

http://www.convertatub.com/

See? Even when you wrong you're right.

Personally, I would not recommend a conversion. Sounds like a leak to me.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Brenda (OH)

I bought an appliance that you put into the tub, and it suction cups on it, it plugged in and was a jet. I currently have a bubble mat that goes in the bottom of the tub. I found both item second hand at thrift stores...Brenda
Brenda (OH)

Greg

It may be possible, but is it worth the agrivation, & time to do it AND still have an old tub? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

LOL, see the responses now that I commented on a post that sat for awhile with none! Thanks everyone! LOL

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Arlo

Convertatub included pricing. A couple of houses ago I bought a brand new standard size fiberglass tub with 8 jets for that price. I think whirlpool tubs have gotten a little cheaper since. They do need their own circuit so Yanita is right about that. It just seems that it's easier to replace the whole tub than to get into the hole sawing in an old tub. If the original poster just wants to sooth an aching back, Brenda's portable bubbler seems ideal.
redneeckgirl

I have to third the portable bubbler, I bought one like Brenda's as well, it was by conair and had an adjustable/removable arm so that it will hook to rectangle or garden tubs.... I let a neighbor borrow it when she was having back problems, she'd never used a porta-bubbler before...... I miss my porta-bubbler now.... she won't give it back..... lmbo!
1997 Shultz 16X80, shingle roof, vinyl siding. NE Indiana.
Working on a 'face-lift' remodel so we can sell and move to Florida.