Drip Stop Update!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Maureen

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd finally give you an update on the drip stop valves. These are for old faucets with washers only!

Anyway, I installed them for the older lady up the street on the 6th. The first one was a little tough, because she didn't have brand name faucets. Had to use the combo pack and figure out which one would work. After that, it was a breeze! Each faucet took about 5 to 10 minutes each.

So far so could! I went over and checked them out this afternoon. No leaks what so ever! Every faucet she had leaked. They are also easier for her to turn off now. She's so pleased! She can't wait to see her water bill next month! She was losing a lot of money down the drain.

Any one reading this in Sun Valley, my area, these are free from SVGID. They gave me enough to fix her whole house. Seven faucets inside and a hose bib outside.

If you have to go out and buy these, they are very reasonably priced! They will pay for themselves in no time. They sell in quite a few retail stores all over the country. I also found out that they are manufactured right here in Reno! I though that was pretty cool!

For those of you that missed the link before:

http://dripstop.com/

Maureen
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
scottman

I've got to try this! My garden tub leaks after about a month of occasional use. It either gets hard-water crud on it or the rubber washer slips down, then water starts dripping. Its such a pain! Hopefully one will fit mine. I don't know what type of faucet it is, but its real cheap, made of plastic, and the tub says "Frontline Manufacturing" from Leesburg Indiana. I will look into this. Thanks.
Maureen

Hi Scott,

Go to the website and read through the whole site. If you have an older faucet, with washers, that is an off brand, or no brand, then you'll want to combo pack.

I didn't think that the combo pack would work at all at first. But, the lady at our General Improvement District gave me a huge hint. Don't try forcing the screw in. They strip very easily. Finger tighten the screws, with washers first, then tighten with a screwdriver.

That's the hard part!

I installed the one on the bar sink yesterday. That sink is seldom used, so the leak wasn't a big deal. It would cease in a day LOL! So far the test is going great! I keep turning the faucet off and on. It seals off the leak in no time.

It's an absolutely great product so far!

Like I said, only time will tell. But, so far so good!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'