Roof deck raised up

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Juice

There is a spot on my roof that is raised. Not the asphalt, the board under it. The people who sold me my home said that happens sometimes because of the thinner plywood and that it was ok. Is it really ok? Sometimes I think I hear a drip in the wall but I can't tell if it is inside or outside.

Thanks
Juice
Greg

With out seeing it it is hard to say for sure, but I would that there is a problem somewhere, The roof deck should stay flat. You really need to find out more about the drip, Water is your home's worst enemy. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I agree with Greg. Roof sheathing should stay nailed down. this could be caused by a level problem with the home. As the homes tweaks and warps, a lot of stress can be put on the roof sheathing. It should still stay nailed down though.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Juice

I had a feeling it wasn't right. I don't do roofs but I am on them often to tell when something just doesn't look right. The dealers I bought my home from have been less than helpful. There have been a bunch of problems with my new mobile home and it is like pulling teeth to get them to fix anything.

As far as that leak goes, it seems to come and go. Some times I can hear it plain as day, but it rained last week and I didn't hear a drop. I hate water problems.

I would get a photo of the roof but it's dark, and cold. And I am tired haha.

Thanks guys.

Juice