water supply between sections

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

neubmj

I bought a double wide a few months ago and the water supply lines that run between the 2 sections come out from the bottom board on one side, cross over to the other half and go back up into the bottom board. The pipes are heat taped and foam covered, but this doesn't seem correct to me. I would think that they would go through the sections somewhere above the bottom board and insulation. Is this how it is suppose to be done?
Thanks,
Mark
Greg

Different manufacturers do things differently, I do agree that there could be a better way to make the connections. Depending on your ability and if you want to change things around you could make some changes, but don't forget to take the weather into account if it is in a cold region. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Plumbing being exposed between the two sides is very common. I think it is a code issue for mobile homes. Or maybe that is just an easy way for set-up crews to make the connections when the home leaves the factory.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.