Squatters....the cute, squeaky kind.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

GraceNC

It's that time of year and the mice are coming in. I live in a wooded area in NC and field mice are bad and they are finding my home.

How do I keep them out?

They are not getting 'in'....I've sealed up the walls w/ caulk, sealants, etc...when I painted, baseboards/moldings....but I hear them inside the walls.

How can I keep them from climbing up my foundation and into the walls?
Barb P

Ain't they cute? Grrrrr! I recently got behind/under my kitchen sink, and stuffed around the pipes with steel wool. Covered every opening as much as possible, and still have mice coming in. I hate killing critters, but my kitchen is off limits to the filthy varments.
Darn useless cats spend the night in my bed, when they should be on duty. :roll:
BarbP
GraceNC

BarbP, that is so funny. I feel your pain. My cat cratches at the wall- and that's the problem, they are in the wall and can't get into the home.

I guess they climb up into the insulation and make a warm bed...but how to keep them from coming in? I was told they can do major damage...like chewing through electrical wires and such.
Greg

The first and most important line of defense is your skirting. It needs to be tight & free of holes, If you can either bury the bottom or at the least bank pea gravel up against the bottom that will help a lot. You can also throw a couple of hand fulls of moth balls under there also. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."