retractable awnings

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

NancyKay

Has anyone ever heard of someone putting those Sunsetter retractable awnings on their mobile home? I think you push a remote button or something and they open out, and when your not using them, you can roll them back in? Their attached to the home, but not always extended. I was considering looking into one of those. I have a cement slab patio spot just outside my door with chairs etc, and it gets so sunny and hot, I need an awning. I'm going to look up Sunsetters.com or something and look into it.
NancyKay
hvac1000

Sunsetter makes great awnings. I have a neighbor that has one. It is electric powered and like you said push a button and it opens. I think they are great. He got his on sale so I would wait till a sale is on. He saved about 350.00 by buying it on sale.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
kashton

My neighbor has on as well. only about 12' wide and extends 8' out. They love it, cause they weren't aloud to cover their deck. Looks very nice, and they only have to have it out when they want. They said they got it at Wal-mart for $180. I would like to get on, but I always forget to look when i'm there.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

Hi,

Pros and cons...

I have never owned one...but have friends that do. One of them has enjoyed theirs tremendously. The other 2 have had nothing but problems caused by theirs.

One had an emergency to go to and forgot to put the awning back up, later that day a pretty good breeze came up. Did alot of damage to the side of the home. The other couple has had nothing but leaks where it attaches to the home.

I personally discourage the attachment of anything to these homes. Do your research.

Oh yeah, I apologize but I failed to see if you had a profile listed for your home...what size are your exterior wall studs and what type of siding does your home have?

Have a good night,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
NancyKay

I have typical vinyl siding. I have no idea about my studs
NancyKay
Yanita

Hi,

Whats the width of either your door jambs or windows....

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!