light switch

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jimk

light switch.jpg
light switch 2.jpg
where can i get this style light switch. we have a 96 schultz with these style switches that are now broken.there is no backer box, they are just held in with tabs and there are no true face plates. we have some places where there are 2 and 3 of these so trying to get exact replacements is critical. most switches that i have seen are not raised , they look like the same ones that care used in boxes as "decorator" switches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yanita

Have you tried a local mobile home parts store? Not sure if we have these in our online store. been awhile since I have looked in ours...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
ndwatch

They sell them here in the online store, at a very reasonable price too. If you have to get a few, buy them all at once so that you can save on the shipping. My mobile home stores stopped carrying them so we changed over to the floating box and the decorative switches. Also, if you are not sure what your doing with electric, "get some help". Nothing is marked and you don't want to risk burning down your home.

Best of luck,
Allyn
jimk

the ones commonly seen at these stores ,,"mobile home supply" are similarthey are not raised like these switches, look closely at the switch , its not a illusion with the trim panel
Greg

Most of us here switch over to a standard box & switch. Most switches of that style are (in my opinion) JUNK. They use a piercing type connection rather than screws, this often results in connection problems. This is also the case with receptacles. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."