Used tub surround question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

CaboWabo

We are in the process of remodelling our main bathroom and I found a used corner whirlpool tub with surround for a great deal. Now of course it's going to go into the master bathroom and we don't have room to store it and who knows what else but we decided to get it anyway.

The question I have is that the original set up for the faucet / controls were on the opposite side of where we need them to be..

Does anyone have any ideas of how to cover or plug the two knockouts in the surround when I move the fixture to the other side?

CaboWabo
It is what it is
Greg

You would need something like a soap dish. I have my doubts that you could make it look right with out moving the faucet to that location. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Maybe I am not understanding the post correctly, but is there any reason you can't move the plumbing to match the new (used) tub?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
CaboWabo

The plumbing would be on the outside wall if I used the existing holes in the surround. No access for repairs and a more difficult installation.

There is already an access point in our bedroom for the piping on an interior wall, no issues with freezing and much better access.

CaboWabo
It is what it is
bilbar25

Possibly some type of appropriate ceramic placque...glued and caulked to prevent leaks, of course !!

Good luck !!
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]