Replumbing Ideas and Help...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kamiller73

Hi all. I've been thinking of replacing those wonderful grey pipes that came standard in our 88' single wide. They run thru the walls, under the floors and break and flood at always the wrong times. I don't get cold water at all in my bathroom, yet the kitchen sink does and it's less than 2 yards distance away. I have no experience in plumbing, but from what I've been reading it doesn't seem like to much of a job. And I'm thinking of running them underneath the home since we live in AZ and don't run the risk of pipes freezing. Which will in turn stop me from having to replace another wall or floor board. Has anyone done this or have ideas that might help see me thru this project? Of course pics would be WONDERFUL as well if anyone has em. Thanks for any help!!!
kamikaze
Harry

Hi

I would start by reading this 3 page article.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... ines1.html

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Brenda (OH)

Hi kamikaze,

I would budget extra money for the the possibility of you needing/choosing to do underbelly repairs while you are down there doing the plumbing lol.

You may want to have a sealed up underbelly to prevent odors, ants, etc from having easy access to your home from underneath.

and you are going to be getting a good look at your skirting while you are doing the plumbing etc, and probably will decide to repair all the gaps you find there also......

You will be happier with the home if you have it in good condition underneath, unless this is just temporary housing option for you.

Brenda (OH)