under belly?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

curlylocks

Is there anything that can be used in place of the underbelly wrap? Like something found in "any" hardware store ? Or is it best to just find a MH dealer online & order it?

Also I am curious why you can buy the underbelly material 30x100 cheaper than fit to size of 70 x 14 ?

I have a big job ahead of me as my MH had the "bad"recalled pipes and I had a water explosion in jan .... and will be replacing a lot of insulation.

"DOING THE HAPPY DANCE NOW THO CUZ I HAVE HOT WATER AGAIN!!! BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE JAN!
curlylocks

oH btw at least 3/4 is beyond mending, looks like shreds!
JD
Site Admin

Your best bet is to use mobile home underbelly material like Mark sells here at this web site.

http://mobilehomerepair.com/underbelly.htm

The closest material you would find is HomeWrap from a home store, which is not as strong, and does not have the same properties. Similar, but not the same. I believe HomeWrap cost a little over $100, so you really would not be saving that much.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
curlylocks

thanks! I think the extreme kit (or 2) may be just what I need