Replacement window

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AbbottsManor

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a replacement vertical window for this crank open window? It has to be a direct bolt in replacement. The size is aprox. 14.5 x 27"

Thanks,

Chris
Greg

You have two choices, buy a stock size window that is close and change the opening size either larger or slightly smaller to fit the new window, or order a custom sized window to fit the opening you have. Any window supplier or home center can give you pricing.

Most of us here have gone to a quality double hung window and thrown out the old "trailer" style windows. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Brenda OH reregister

Hey Chris

I just ordered this exact size window from a mobile home parts vendor for a friends parents ' 2001 mobile home. It is a standard size window. It comes in both as the single pane and as an insulated window. Now, what I did not look into is if it comes in a frosted model, it was for their bathroom windows, but they are going to use curtains over it.

I mention this so that you can have hope of not having to do a special order since the mobile home window manufacturer makes that size.

unfortunately, you cannot order direct from the vendor I am using, but a lot of the mobile home parts shops and contractors have accounts with that company, so if you can find a local store or contractor, new windows of that size do exist!

Brenda (OH)
AbbottsManor

Thanks Brenda!

Do you know what brand of window it is?

Chris
Brenda OH reregister

I have an older catalog, it shows the brand as
"philips products" but it could be a different vendor in the more recent catalog.

I do not know if you can get them directly from Philips products, I really doubt that you can, but you never know until you ask! lol

Brenda (OH)
RandyD

Buy Quality.......Cry Only Once!!!!!
AbbottsManor

Thanks RandyD! I'm getting one.

Chris
RandyD

Great :D
Buy Quality.......Cry Only Once!!!!!