Tankless water heater in MH?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

marriednamobile

I would love to replace my ginormous water heater with one of these, as we would need the option of never running out of hot water.
Would it just be installed like it would be in a stick built?
Thanks.
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
Robert

Since this isn't a hvac question, I have moved it to the Mobile Home Repair forum.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg

It should install the same but make sure you have service enough to supply the gas or electric to the unit.
We have had this topic a few times here and I still question the pay back in money savings, But as long as you are only looking for is endless hot water it will work fine. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hopefully you live below the Mason Dixon line. This is about the only time these work as advertised.

Before purchasing, permits and install make sure you discuss this with your insurance company.

Also keep in mind these units are not water savers, you will not have instant hot water from the tap. The water in the lines after the unit will still need to pass through before the hot water gets to you.

There are several past threads about these if you care do to a search on site here.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg S

You also need to keep in mind that replacement parts are quite expensive and that this type of unit requires a minimum water pressure to operate or they shut off.