Ground Level Home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

VegasMobile

Hello,

About a year and a half ago I bought a mobile home for my mother located in a Las Vegas senior community.
The home is raised about four feet off the ground and I don't mind this too much. However, there are many homes in the community that are ground level and I have to say that it gives the home a much more attractive appearance. I'm most likely going to have the home re-leveled in the next couple of months to get rid of some of the floor squeaks.

My question is this:
Instead of having the home simply re-leveled could I instead have it set to ground level? Is this possible? If it is possible is it a monumental task?

Any feedback is appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Demolition

In Arkansas the requirement is for the bottom of the Frame to be ONE FOOT off the ground. If you lower the home it will have to be re-leveled during the process.
This is not that big a deal but I recommend a professional with a License and a Surety Bond.
I am guessing it will cost less than $1,000 and maybe even $500
It will take a few hours, maybe done by Noon.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Greg

Hi & welcome. It can be done, but keep in mind that all of your plumbing & heating ducts are accessed through the bottom of the home. Any work that needs to be done will require opening up the floor to get access the the area. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."