Painting over wallpaper and wallboard?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

squirt13

My walls had already been primed when I bought my house. I did not like the small wood strips over the seams of the drywall. I took them off and covered them with mud and tape. I then choose three different colors of paints I liked and worked together. I also got a large container of all purpose joint compound. I took a couple of cups of the compound and a few spoon fulls of each paint color and rolled it on the walls. Yes this is hard work but the look is great. There is no two places the same. Another advantage of this wall treatment is that it doesn't matter how smooth the walls are. You can also do this in areas like the kitchen, just need to cover it with a coat of polyurethane.Image
PennylessZ28

squirt13 wrote:My walls had already been primed when I bought my house. I did not like the small wood strips over the seams of the drywall. I took them off and covered them with mud and tape. I then choose three different colors of paints I liked and worked together. I also got a large container of all purpose joint compound. I took a couple of cups of the compound and a few spoon fulls of each paint color and rolled it on the walls. Yes this is hard work but the look is great. There is no two places the same. Another advantage of this wall treatment is that it doesn't matter how smooth the walls are. You can also do this in areas like the kitchen, just need to cover it with a coat of polyurethane.Image
I got rid of the seams in a few rooms myself just this week.

I sprayed my whole place though with oil primer

Going back through with colors next.
charliemom

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Mark has a DVD on painting over wallboard. :)
PennylessZ28

charliemom wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Mark has a DVD on painting over wallboard. :)
You need a DVD to teach you how to paint over wallboard?

Save your money: www.google.com

A monkey with a paint brush can do it.
Jaie

PennylessZ28 wrote:
charliemom wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Mark has a DVD on painting over wallboard. :)
You need a DVD to teach you how to paint over wallboard?

Save your money: www.google.com

A monkey with a paint brush can do it.
Because, it's nice to support a site that is done voluntarily. And is offered, for free. Unlike another forum I could mention. Might be the monkey can do it, but occasionally the monkey likes to have some guidance.
Yanita

Hi,

This conversation ends here!

I would like to remind everyone that sarcasm has no place on this site.

Also there are products that we promote, I refuse to justify the reasons, I feel they are obvious. I would like to say Thanks to those that do promte the items for sale on site. :D

Annnnnd PLEASE, enough with the "Quote" on every single post.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!