***NOTICE***

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yanita

Please note there is a new stickie on the main page of the Repair forum.

Thank you JD.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
930dreamer

Is this turning into a nanny forum? Life is full of RISKS. Goodbye
Greg

Dreamer, this is not (in our opinion) becoming a "Nanny" forum, but I for one like to sleep at night and I have my doubts about doing that if I knew that information that I gave resulted in someone getting themselves killed. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Everyone has an opinion, and if ours offends you to the point of leaving then so be it.

We hate to lose any of our members, but rules are put in place with safety in mind.

For myself when I am researching how to do something if I do not get the info on one site, then I go to another. As said before there are many DIY books at Home improvement centers.

Our members have asked for this notice/stickie...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
TonyPa

Wow, someone had too much caffeine!!
Dean3

Agreed tonypa,musta been rocket fuel in that coffee cup.

Folks here seem to cooperate pretty well wich benefits everyone. No place have I seen referance that this is a CO-OP tho,we members don't set the rules and at this point I see no need to. Nearly everything(subject matter)goes,just put it where it works best and check to see if it grows.

There is also a private message option somewhere if I remember right,why not use that to reply to taboo stuff,or better yet,simply get the email of the asker and contact off-site to answer taboo subjects. That way it isn't biz's responsibilty(heh heh,is that another sticky notice?). If the asker wants the input they will give access to off-site messaging.

That's just one man's opinion anyhow,,,right-wrong-or in between.

Dean
JD
Site Admin

No sticky note, but a good idea. You can email other members through that email button below each post from that member. The Private Message feature is currently turned off due to technical problems.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
DigitalDreams

I kind of wish I had never said anything about anything and maybe this thread would not exist.

When I said I agreed to disagree I never knew it would raise this much ruckus or I would have kept my big trap shut.

While I love a good debate and never really saw anything saying that posts having to do with electrical or gas were not allowed on the forum (but then I don't read ever post guys I have some life other than here) I would have honored the wishes of the forums owner had I known.

So guys please end this thread by respecting the wishes of the owner and sponsor of this forum by simply not posting anything having to do with those category's if they involve any voltage greater than you use to power your toothbrush.

I know nothing about gas the dentist didn't teach me so I'm safe there.

Just remember any repair you do safety is key and knowledge is king so if you can't do it safely and the king is out of town call a
professional.

I do wish to note that JD has since posted a sticky noting those category's and thank him for doing so.
Greg

Digital, that said, I'll throw a lock on it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."