Broken outside window!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

98REDMAN

I live in a 1998 Redman and the on bedroom window i broke the glass in the exterior window. The inside window is still perfectly intact, but the glass on the exterior window has broke in the middle and is missing a big piece. I wont to get it fixed ASAP, but don't really know what road to go down. Do you have to replace the whole window assembly or is there a way to get the frame out and take it to a glass shop to just have the glass replaced and pop the frame back into the tracks? Looking for the best fix, with the least amount of money if possible. Any info is greatly appreciated....thanks!
Greg

Can you post a picture? there are a few types of windows, some are simple, some are a pain. Is it the sliding half or the fixed half? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Johnny

If you have the old stile storm windows one outside other inside like mine the out side window should come out from the inside like the inside window.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
98REDMAN

Thanks for the replies. I've been pretty busy. Umm I'll get pictures over the weekend and try to post them Sunday. Umm only thing i can tell you about the window. Is that is aluminum and its opens vertically. With tabs on the bottom left and right corners that you must press to the center of the window and lift up to open it. The inside window is fine. Its the outside window right inside the screen that's broken. If that helps you guys out any. But i will get pictures and post them on here Sunday. Thank you for all the info, and your patience.
Johnny

tabs on the bottom left and right corners that you must press to the center of the window and lift up to open it

if you press tabs on the bottom left and right corners and lift up a little you should be able to pull the window out and once the bottom is out of the frame you rase up on one side to release the top and then take the window out be careful not to get cut. I would use gloves to remove the broken window out.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Greg

It sounds like as Johnny said, just push the lock tabs in (like you are opening the window) open it slightly and you should be able to pull the bottom of the window out from the tracks. after the bottom is out, just drop one side down to free the top. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."