1997 redman

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

hose6161

Hi ya'll. I just joined your forum and would like to say hello and ask my 1st question. The home I have (setting it up to retire to this fall) is ~80X15.5' and has lots of little things that I need to replace/repair.Where is the best place to get parts/supplies like the crossover duct and underbelly material?(I'm still using a stepladder to get in the front door!)
Thanks folks,
hose :lol:
JD
Site Admin

Hi hose,

Welcome to the forum. For repair parts you cannot find through your local home stores, I would first check the above link in the navigation bar - Books & Parts. I have bought from mobilehomerepair.com several times. The have prompt, excellent service. I would say that the HVAC parts and support os second to none. For other things that are not carried here, such as doors and tubs, I use ashvillemobilehomes.com/.

The underbelly material is available here at the above link. The crossover ducting you should be able to get at a home store. I will get galvanized crossover ducting from a local HVAC supply store.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Hose, Welcome to the family! As You can see we do have everything you need here, Advice as well as parts. If you can find parts from a local supplier by all means buy from them, but if you just can't find the right part it could be right here. But no matter what the BEST support team is right here. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Yet another welcome to the site.

Yes, we carry lots of parts and supplies, but I recommend the purchase of the Repair Manuel as well. This is a well written, full of photos and easy to read instructions.

Look forward to your future post and contributions! :D

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Maureen

Hi Hose!

One more welcome to the forum! Everyone else has filled you in pretty much. The repair manual is a must have! What the repair manual doesn't cover, this site will. Check out all of the links at the top of the page.

The forum is also a wealth of information!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'