Folding up tip-out question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

LoftyDreamer

Hello all! I'm new to the site here & will be acquiring a 1988 14x70 Nashua single with tip out. I'm having the unit moved next month & would like to have unit close to ready when they arrive. Could somebody please walk me through on how these tip-outs get pushed into unit. There is a center support in unit with built in cabinet. I'm assuming that the three walls & roof get pushed in then the floor folds up last to become the wall during transport?? Also how much vertical siding must be removed?
- Thanks
JD
Site Admin

I have only worked on a couple of these type of rooms. One was a slider and one was a tip-out. They both had removable sections of siding/trim around the perimeter of the opening on the main coach and some sistered on framing that needed removing. As I remember, (long time ago) the slider was fairly easy and the tip-out was very difficult. The tip-out was done when I was just a newbie crew member and was just doing what I was told. So I am not a lot of help there. But I would look at the siding and trim around the hole first. On both of the units I worked on, the siding stayed on the rooms.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Johnny

LoftyDreamer
I believe that they are attached at the corners of the out side walls and at the roof and floor then the out side wall folds down on floor then the sides fold in then the floor folds up then the roof folds down on your tip-out I maybe wrong.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions