algae stuff on roof

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cr8ivrose

We haven't been as far as the roof on my son's home yet, but from the ground it looks as if green algae looking stuff is growing all over it, the roof itself is white, can this be power washed so we can figure out where to go from there.
thanks,
Rose
DannyBob

Hi from South Texas ...
Every Spring, during OAK tree season, My roof is coverd w/ OAK POLLEN & junk ... looks a golden-green color ... MOST of the time is blows away ... but, when it doesn't, *I* power wash it off ...

You might want to consider spraying a solution of bleach & dish soap & water on it ... just to insure you remove any moss / fungas -type junk.

HtH
*Db
"Remain calm --- it's all KARMA "
cr8ivrose

Thanks Db, he just bought this mess of a MH and the stuff looks like it's been there awhile and it' not going anywhere! I'm going to try and take a picture of it to post on here.
Rose
DannyBob

okay ...

Now ::: *I* dont mean to insult Your, or His intelligence ...

BUT ::: DO NOT WALK ON THIS GUNK !!! --- metal roof + gunk + water === DANGER ... too easy to become a "flying Squirrel" by slipping on this gunk ...

*Db
"Remain calm --- it's all KARMA "
cr8ivrose

:lol: We're not going to walk on it, you can actually see it from the ground above the gutters and all over the roof as far as I can tell, not insulted at all, we're both brand new to this.
Although I don't think his roof is metal it looks kind of like white plastic material?

Thanks,
Rose