Location of hot water heater in a 1998 Oakwood double wide

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ncsu

As crazy as this sounds, I can't find the hot water heater in this repoed home I just bought. While I realize the hot water heater was probably stolen out of it, I figured I could at lease find the hook ups for the hot water heater. Any suggestions of where to look or how to find the hook ups?

Thanks!
Yanita

HI,

Look inside the master closet. There is typically a piece of wallboard in there that is removable, the water closet maybe behind there.

If your home has a gas water heater, look at the siding of your home, there should be a removable access door somewhere there.

My home is much older than yours but my water heater is under the kitchen sink, recessed into a corner off to the side of the stove.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
peachlizzard

My home has the water heater in the wall of the Master bedroom closet. It is behind an access panel. Just like Yanita said.
Brenda (OH)

sometimes, if you locate where the 3/4 inch water line enters the mobile home through the underbelly, the water heater will be above it in the same general part of the home. of course, your home could be the exception to the rule... lol usually the water heater is one of the first tees off of the cold water line.

so, maybe opening up the skirting and taking a peek will give you a starting point for the search.

Brenda (OH)
Brenda (OH)

thought of something else...

since the home is newer, the blow off pressure tube for the water heater may be installed correctly, which means it sticks out below the under belly. so you could look for it. it is usually a white or cream color 1 inch plastic tube, it will be an open pipe, pointing toward downward so if the valve opens the water drains out...

guess I learned more than I thought helping the contractor install the replacement water heater last week....lol

Brenda (OH)
ncsu

I am pretty certain I found it today. It is in the master bedroom, inbetween the bathroom and the closet. I noticed a dead space when I went back over there today. Thanks for all the suggestion!