Reflectix Insulation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

HouseMedic

Has anyone ever used Reflectix brand Insulation under a modular home in a craw space? I am in the process of re-doing underneath all of my home and was wondering if this would be a good product. From what I can tell you might not have to put fiberglass insulation in between the floor joist saving on that cost and your pipes would be protected from the cold. Also they say it's mold and rodent proof. Any thoughts?

Ron
JD
Site Admin

Hi Ron,

I have never used Reflectix products but I have seen it at home shows. I checked the Reflectix web site and they do recommend the Double Bubble Foil for crawl spaces. They say it has an R-16.8, which sounds a little bit light to me, especially in a cold weather area. Some of what they say sounds very good such as, reflecting 97% heat back up to the floor and being a radon barrier. But again, I have not used the stuff. This is just what I got at this link http://www.reflectixinc.com/script/prod ... .asp?ID=97

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Ron, We have used here in the park to wrap water meters. the only problems we had this year were due to no heat tape. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."