What model mobile home do I have?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Greg

Well Ben, To be honest I really don't care what ANY book tells you, Your home is worth what ever you can get for it. I would check what other homes in the area are selling for, that will put you in the ballpark. I have seen homes in our park (Not all that far from you) that I would not feel comfortable walking across the floor (for fear of falling through) go for $3500. I know that I would laugh if someone offered me less that 25k for our '91. So as I said it is worth what you can get for it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
geraldk

i like gregs ideer, of it being a display or show home on a sales lot they do that sort of thing up here in canada, as for a price my 77 m/h up here is set up in a park 40,000 canadian
im not a dr. but ill take a look
Maureen

Yep, the delivery and set up here would run about 10k! The home, not so much, no matter how clean and perfect it is.

Sorry that I guessed wrong about the year! In my area, we haven't used metal siding since the early 80's. On the other hand most of the those homes in the early 80's have the horrid siding that rotted away!

This is the way that I look at things. I you feel that you've got the home that you want, and you're happy with the home, then you've paid the right price for it! Just keep in mind that most of the price was for set up. That's a very important aspect to your new home!!!

Here is a site that might help you cross reference the model of the home.

http://www.mobilehome.net/Tradename/index.htm

You'll have to do some investigating. But, if the home is only 10 years old, it shouldn't be too hard!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
ben14826

Harry wrote:Hi Ben

$16,500.00 for a 1997 Champion in very good condition, delivered, set-up, anchored on a slab, on your own property. I call it a great deal.

Congratulations!

Harry

PS: What r u doing 4 skirting?
I went with regular vinyl siding 2 solids for every ventilated. I got the advantage clay color. I'm very happy with how it turned out. It was very time consuming though. I think it probably took close to 12 hours to do by myself.
ben14826

Maureen wrote:Yep, the delivery and set up here would run about 10k! The home, not so much, no matter how clean and perfect it is.

Sorry that I guessed wrong about the year! In my area, we haven't used metal siding since the early 80's. On the other hand most of the those homes in the early 80's have the horrid siding that rotted away!

This is the way that I look at things. I you feel that you've got the home that you want, and you're happy with the home, then you've paid the right price for it! Just keep in mind that most of the price was for set up. That's a very important aspect to your new home!!!

Here is a site that might help you cross reference the model of the home.

http://www.mobilehome.net/Tradename/index.htm

You'll have to do some investigating. But, if the home is only 10 years old, it shouldn't be too hard!

Maureen 8)
No problem for guessing wrong. I really appreciate the link, and believe it or not i think I may have found it. I will do some more investigating, but I believe that it is a Champion Radco.

So if it is a show model would it be worth more, less, or the same as a regular stock model?
Maureen

Hi Ben,

Honestly, and this is just my opinion here! The manufacture and model of your home means very little when it comes to the value of your home. Even now, all mobile homes do come with the mentality that it's just a mobile home. Some are constructed better than others, and that's what you have to look for. Our homes alone have very little value. Like I stated in an earlier post, my home and property are 'worth' over 200k, take the home alone, and I'd be hard pressed to get 10k for it! It has a lot of upgrades and many more to come! But, it will always be worth a minimum price. It's a mobile home, no getting around that fact!

The bottom line is this. You own a 10 year old mobile home. You can equate this with owning a 10 year old car. Once it's driven off the lot, the price goes way down! I wouldn't worry about what the home itself is worth. Combine the home with the property and then you're looking at what it's worth. Now, in most areas, like mine, you can't convert a single wide to real estate. It must be a double wide.

Your best bet is to see what other homes of that age are selling for in your area. Make and model don't really figure in that much.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
ben14826

Thanx Maureen. Doesn't NADA have a book on mobile home values? Sorry to keep bothering you but your responses keep making me think of new things lol. When I went to look at new on the lot singles they ran from 35k - 50k. I couldn't believe how expensive new ones are. But, just like you said, as soon as those wheels cross the driveway into the road it's worth a lot less. If a NADA book does exist where would it be found or does someone here have one?
Harry

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?