vynil flooring

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Jazzbo

Had new kitchen flooring put down 2 yrs now. The problem is it bubbles up in places&can't flatten it out smooth! Even from the beginning it was doing that. The installers came back twice---ended up replacing flooring but with new sub flooring&molding. What can I do to remedy this? I'm sure they won't come back to work on it(without me paying for it)!!! Ron
Greg

The only idea that I have is to do a full glue down and roll it with a laniolum roller. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jazzbo

Will ck around to see if there are any other options. Thanks !
Brenda (OH)

maybe try this on a bubble towards the edge of the room, that is less noticeable:

get a big syringe and needle filled with glue, poke a hole in the vinyl, squeeze in some glue, work the air out of the bubble to see if that lets the flooring go down, and wiping off any glue that comes out with the air.....

wait a week or two, if it stays down, decide if you want to treat any other bubbles.....

Brenda (OH)
Jazzbo

Brenda (OH) wrote:maybe try this on a bubble towards the edge of the room, that is less noticeable:

get a big syringe and needle filled with glue, poke a hole in the vinyl, squeeze in some glue, work the air out of the bubble to see if that lets the flooring go down, and wiping off any glue that comes out with the air.....

wait a week or two, if it stays down, decide if you want to treat any other bubbles.....

B
nda (OH)
Thanks!! The installers are going to do exactly that after I called them(no chg)!!! :wink: