Bath Tub Faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ben14826

Someday I would like to replace the bath tub faucets in my house. How are they removed? Would I have to take off the wall panel behind them, or will they come off "from the front"? They are just regular 8" faucets with a hot an cold knob and the spigot in the center with the shower pull. Thanx everyone.
Greg

Unfortunately you will need to open up the wall on the back of the faucets. you may get lucky and have an access panel. If not you can make one or possibly you may be able to carefully remove the whole panel without damage. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ben14826

k, Thanx Greg. Here's what I'm gonna do. The master bath tub faucet is on the wall in a closet so I will do that one first for 'practice'. The second one is on the second bedroom wall, and depending on how I do with the first one will depend on whether that one gets done or not.
Maureen

Hi Ben,

I'd suggest that no matter what, you put in access doors behind both shower/tubs. The easiest way to access and change out the whole tub/shower faucet, is to take out the whole panel (very carefully), and then easily change out faucets. But, while you're doing that, it just makes sense to install shut offs, with an access door. Most of our homes do not come with shut offs. Water is one of our homes biggest enemies! You'd be a step ahead of repairs down the road with shut offs at every faucet, shower, tub, etc.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
ben14826

Thanx Maureen, Great ideas :)