more condensation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

troyster

Today its -7 Celsius ( 19.4 Fahrenheit ) and since I finished sealing up southwest wall we are experiencing more condensation on all southwest windows. Our crawl space is insulated in floor and around crawl space walls and is vented in each corner. I have increased attic ( if you can call it that ) ventilation by installing a soffit in the front of home. I have a suspicion that our bathroom fan is not up too snuff anymore. I have checked around town and all the bathroom exhaust fans are designed to vent out the sides of the home but my fan exhausts out through the roof. Is it possible to buy a higher efficiency fan that will exhaust through the roof? My kitchen exhaust fan is new and is more efficient then older fan, so that is OK.
Greg

Troy, You should be able to find high volume fans that exaust through the roof. Most any home center shold have them. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Mark sells one here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order3.html#catalog

He can get others also.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kashton

You know what our fan looks like right now. Everyone in town here has the fans that vent out to the side. When we asked about one that vents up, the guy returned our call with a "yes, we can get you one." then he gave us a price. Three times more expensive. I wanted Sean to find one in P.G. but he hasn't been back there for a bit. I should look into them in P.G. Maybe I could get Norm Sr. to ship a couple up here!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
troyster

Hey Kashton if you can find one at a reasonable price in Prince George then for sure pick me one up too. any new fan has to be better than these ancient relics. Marks fan would be a viable alternative if I can get it through customs for under $100.00 - p.s. by the way finished underlay on home & posted pics to troysters projects. troyster