is it possible to raise a home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

CWR

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for awhile and bought the book last year. Anyway, is it possible to raise the height of a mobile home, maybe even put in on permanent concrete peirs?

The old (76) double wide I have lived in for the past 3 years sits so close to the ground it is almost impossible to do any work under it.
Robert

Hi,

Welcome aboard. This is an HVAC forum, therefore I am moving over to the Mobile Home Repair Forum.

Please follow it there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg

Hi & Welcome. Yes it has been done. There is a person here that put their's on a full basement. It is something that you would want a professional (fully insured) to do. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
CWR

Yeah, I figured I would have to hire someone. Certainly not something I would want to tackle myself.

I'm not so interested in a full basement as just getting the home on a solid foundation of sorts and getting it raised higher off the ground.
Yanita

Hi,

Just some added thoughts to this...yes, your home can be put on a permanent foundation. BUT, keep in mind depending on the height you raise the home you could also have the added expense of altering your electrical, plumbing, gas, cable, phone and AC unit lines etc if there is not enough material there to compensate for the added height. Also entrance stairs and decks would/might need alterations as well.

JMO,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!