Thanks for power washer advice. Need make and model

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Maineman

I gather not much power is needed to clean the porch and cars. Used a neighbors years ago and tore up my deck because I didn't know what I was doing. Used one last year very carefully with a wide spray nozzle and the deck came out like it was new. Don't think I will go electric as we have 2 acres and need the mobility to clean the boat, deck of a riding mower and the north side of the wood shed. Figure a 1500 to 2000 psi gas unit will do it. Be interested in hearing about makes and models that are well built and reliable. Seems the 2000 to 2500 psi gas models range from $250 to $400. Read a buyers guide but there is nothing like hearing from someone who has used the equipment.

Thanks
Greg

Take a look at some of the rental houses in your area and see what they are using. Trust me, if they will stand up to the abuse we see in rented units they will stand up to what you do. you may find a deal on a used machine also. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Maureen

Hi Maineman,

Sure wish I could help! I'm pretty much old school here. No power washer here. I have old aluminum lap siding that would not tolerate a power washer on my home.

If someone doesn't pipe in here with help. You can always do a search on power washers. I know there are several sites that sort of do consumer reports these days. Take a look at what those folks have to say about the power washers.

I always advise that you not power wash a mobile or manufactured home. But, I'm old, need the excersize and err on the side of caution.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Robert

If you can afford it, get one with a Honda engine.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
riven1950

See my reply on your previous post on this subject. The Karcher I have has worked great and as a previous poster says the Honda engine is nice.

Mine is 3500 and has like 5 tips so you can keep from blowing away siding or you can strip paint, your choice.

If you want the model number I hve let me know. Don't remember right off but can go to the storage building and check it for you.

Good luck
Ted
NC Coast