Reminder to old and new

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yanita

Forum users...

Please complete your profile. They are very helpful for those that answer your questions, many questions are area specific. The more info we have about your home the bettter prepared we are to answer your questions. Quicker response time for you and us.

Thanks, glad you all found us!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!

Can you post exact instructions how to to this? I just wasted 30 minutes searching the site and trying to set up a profile. The only link I see is at the bottom of one of my posts and that button takes me to a screen I cannot edit. In another post it says there is a link at the top of the page, but no such link is at the top of my pages. I just don't get how to do it. I think you would get much greater response if there really was a specific button for a member contral panel like many othr forums have that includes a screen for adding avatars and updating profiles. Maybe it is here, but I'm not smart enough to find it.
JD
Site Admin

Hey Texas,

You would click My Profile Space above uner the Books and Parts list. You make your profile, edit your settings, and work your MPS space in the top left box.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Thanks for the assist JD,

Also there is a forum...WEBSITE QUESTIONS...alot of questions to can answered there. This is a new site, still a few quirks, please work with us.

If your question is not answered there, you can either post your question or please feel free to contact one of the admins or moderators, click on one of our names and then send us an email.

Have a great day,

~Yanita~

I still don't see it. Below the Books and Parts tab is a button for New Friend Requests. The only MPS buttons I see are MPS Search and MPS Groups, and neither of these lets me set up my own profile.
Manitoba Bill

I guess my prior explanation about this problem didn't seem to make a diff. to the MODS.

Let me state again, UNLESS you are invited to "New Friend Requests" you cannot "see" the MPS tab. And you cannot edit your profile. I don't know why someone has not fixed this as many others are perplexed by not seeing the MPS tab.

I refer to this link in website questions.

http://mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=342
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hold on a moment please....

Your post did make a difference, but us moderators have no control how the website is set up, controls or any other aspect of it.

As mods the only "control" we have is to delete bad post, edit and move threads, controls is not us!

I thought this issue was resolved as Mark had set up that he automatically became new users first friend!

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
Maureen

Okay folks... breath everyone!

The mods have very little more info than the users right now! It's not our fault!

As Yanita pointed out, we do have a new website forum. This is where these questions should be directed. I know the very basic set up of the forum, but Mark and his people have control of everything else. I have nothing to do with the programming of this site. I'm learning the work arounds, just like everyone else!

Yes, there is a little thing that someone from the board has to invite you in, in order to complete a profile. I'm not privy to the details, but I do know that is you request this through myself, Yanita, Greg, Robert or JD, we;ll get you in!

As mods, we have very little control! All we do is our best. We're learning right along with the rest!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
chaslo

I've searched also for the elusive MPS space and can only find MPS Search and MPS Groups.
Maureen

Just like magic, a new feature arrived!

Like I said last night folks, we're learning right along the users. Don't forget that all of the pros and the mods have real life jobs to attend to please! We all only have a few hours a day to devote to the board. We're all doing our very best to get this down!

Mods, you do have a feature below your user name, under each post, to invite someone to join the board's 'profile list'. Now, on my behalf, this is just a guess. I haven't had anyone actually do this yet. I have made the invite known, we'll all see if ti works from there!

That's the best we can do right now folks! We're trying as best we can!
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'