dripping faucets

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ponch37300

I have a kitchen sink faucet and master shower that constantly drip. What is the best way to fix this? Do i just replace the whole faucet or rebuild it somehow? Also my handles are stripped in my other shower and i tried to replace them with ones from home depot and i couldn't find one that worked. Is there a special one for mobile homes that i can order from the internet or should i just replace the whole faucet? Just found this site and have been reading for 2 hours now but didn't come across these answers. Thanks for your help.
Harry

Hi

I usually end up replacing the faucet with new.

Here's a link that might help:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order3.html#catalog

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
blamb

Hi.
I have to agree with Harry, save yourself a major headache and just replace the faucets, generally but not always there is an access panel for the shower valve.

good luck!
ponch37300

Thanks for the help and the link. There is an access panel for the shower. Are the faucets in that link quality ones? I would like to replace the bad ones with ones that aren't going to drip again in 2-3 years. Will any faucet from home depot work or do i have to replace it with special mobile home faucets? Thanks again for your knowledge
blamb

For the shower/bathtub you are pretty much at the mercy of what is available for mobile homes as they are generally different from everything else on the market. The sink is however the same as what you can find anywhere it has a 4 inch spread, I personally like Delta and have found that they really stand behind their products.

Good Luck!
ponch37300

Thanks blamb. Really appreciate your halp. I'm sure i'll have more questions down the road.