Question about replacement window and door brands

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

chablis

I am looking at replacing four kitchen windows in my 1995 doublewide Fleetwood Carriage Hill, and am having a local contractor do the job. He recommended the American Craftsman by Anderson 8500 series for replacement windows, available at the Home Depot. They are vinyl, double hung, tilt sash double-pane windows. I looked at a sample at the local H/D, they look like pretty decent windows to me.

Does anyone have experience with this particular brand? Also, is there anything specific I should note about how they are installed?

Additionally, he will be replacing the exterior utility room door with a standard size residential door, as well as both storm doors. Since the utility room door's height will be raised, no problem, but the dining room door will remain the same dimensions. I'm putting in Anderson full-view storms on both, and obviously, the one in the dining room will be custom sized. Once again, anyone have experience with having these put in? How is their performance? Specifically, I am looking at the 4000 series.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much!
Chablis
Greg

I would rate Anderson, Pella & Peach tree tops in the "mass marketed" windows so I would not have any problems using their products.
After installation make sure they open & close smoothly, look closely at the corners when the window is shut to make sure it is installed square and there are no gaps. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."