Burglar proofing

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

solveg

I was just up north, checking on a bunch of mobile homes my family has together up there. Burglars tried to get in all the mobile homes, but couldn't.... but they were able to get into the log cabin. They weren't kids... they were later caught and had broken into MH's and cabins all over the area.

Anyway, you could see where they tried to jimmy the locks and use a pry bar. I know the doors and windows were chosen with the idea that break ins are common in this "seasonal" area. The glass was safety glass, and the doors were all steel.

Plus, they tried to kick through my giant dog door, but were unable to. It was the Xtra large Petsafe all metal one, and although they dented it in about 5 inches, they were unable to get it from the tracks. Best of all, Petsafe sent me a new panel, free*, once I told called them up and told them how great they were.

I will be getting a device for my MN and KS homes that has multiple sensors: temperature, water, sound, and intrusion. It's fairly cheap... a few hundred dollars, and when any of the sensors are set off it will call 4 people automatically. I'll let you know how it works...
Solveg, near Wichita KS, 1985 Fleetwood "Oak Knoll" Single wide, 14x80. No renovation experience.
jinx

Unfortunately, flgmtech is the victim of an unscrupulous landlord. She is not on his side. He is the minority in that park and will be glad when he vacates so that she can charge a ridiculous rent to an illegal alien. These "migrants" are in all probability mostly illegal and will not complain about the sub-human conditions in the park.

I moved from a park in CA that was slowly deteriorating and I started complaining about the conditions. I soon realized that the owners were just stalling and were not going to do anything. I talked to a neighbor about it and she told me that most of the park were illegal aliens and they did not complain about anything and paid more rent because so many lived in one mobile. I was soon threatened with eviction if I didn't keep quiet. I sold and moved. I go visit a friend there every couple months and there are only two white people left. There are no black or oriental. Everybody has sold out except the hispanics. It's a dump.

flgmtech, get out as soon as you can. Living out in the middle of nowhere in a shack is better than what you have been going through. Good luck and glad you got the power on.
Maureen

Hi Jinx,

Well, we all come across certain circumstances that are beyond are control.

Since you're located in Cali and flgmtech is located in Tampa Fl, you can't make that call. You can't equate your experience with flgmtech's.

We're here to try to help other homeowners out with repair questions. If you vent your politics, you'll have to find another venue.

We realize that things happen, but this is not a repair response. Please take these comments elsewhere, or at least to the Off Topic forum.

Thank you!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Greg

Well, you could always make one or two more phone calls just to shake things up a Little, Immigration, and health dept! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

I am going to leave the above posts in place, but I am going to lock this topic without further comment.

Please do not put it in another forum as I will promptly delete.

Thank you,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!