bath exh. fan installation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

homebuff

i have a 14x60 2 br w/ 2 baths. i'm wondering how hard would it be to install a exh. & heater fan assy. in the ceiling. this trlr. has a v-style roof. i'm wanting to put one in each bath. preferably one w/ a light. i'm very familiar in hooking up the wiring but the plumbing of it would be kinda trickie. planning on making it a summer project.
JD
Site Admin

A lot will depend on the unit you choose. I have not installed one with heat or heat lamp, but I have installed lots of different exhaust fans. Securing the fan to truss can be tricky if you have 1x2 or 2x2 trusses. The fans I have used were wanting 2x4 or bigger. It can still be worked out though. Get a good sized roof jack and you can do a lot of the rework and attaching from the roof through the hole. I find that it is easier with two people, but one person can do it. I don't like letting the heavier units rest on the MH ceiling panel. Just follow the instructions, it is not too difficult.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.