bath tub popping

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

homebuff

hi! been awhile since i've been on here. on one of my old post i mentioned something about my tub in my small bathroom poping under the tub. i mentioned that the mice i used to have had eaten away some of the foam on it & now its popping. feels like its going to break. you said to use some of that insulator foam on it. what is the best way to install it & make sure it gets in all the crevises good & solid & not make a mess so i don't have to pull it back out again. going to replace the rest of the floor in there when i do this. i mentioned that i was going to install the old plastic base stand w/ 6 legs from my old tub which i removed & save for a later time. if i decide to install it instead, what would be the best kind of glue to use so it will not come loose later on? its nice to be back!
Maureen

Hi Homebuff,

Welcome back!

Refresh my poor old memory please. Did you already replace the floor under the tub? Or did you just replace the tub itself?

Personally, the best way to approach this would be to take the tub out, if you can and then replace the foam.

Maureen 8)
homebuff

hi! glad to be back. yes i have already replaced the flooring under the tub. the reason why is the old one leaked & rotted the floor & the tub gave way. my lg. son was in it when it happened. it made a awfull mess. good thing he was taking a shower & not a bath. i did go ahead & applied panel board over the existing floor outside of the tub area. but i'm going to rip it up & do it right. everything is getting pulled out of the bathroom. the old lower panal from the old tub has 8 plastic legs not 6. it looks like it would be better to remove all the foam from my existing tub & glue the plastic one on it. this trlr. is a 88 model 14x60 2br 2 bath. the tub is a std. type tub. thin wall. the cheap kind.